Nuforce

I read the ad... has anybody tried the NuForce products?
hockeydad
>Redkiwi the comparison between Audiomatus and Nuforce- pretty close, but Audiomatus was supposedly better. i couldn't care less :)

"Any particular reason you are not interested in digital amps?"
in my opinion they still do not sound as good as a good mosfet amp can for example.

"If a digital amp sounded better than your current amp would you still rule it out on some grounds?"

no place for that, see. i own ATC passive speakers with their integraded. it does sound great, and the way to upgrade for me is to go for active ATC SCM50s or 100s, no separate amp within reasonable cost limits could match this active package.

"The only one that I can imagine is that with the rate of development then resale price could be problemmatic, but I suspect that is not it.."

its a cheap technology and slowly people are realizing it, so the prices are slowly falling. for e.g. JRDG prices for its digital amps seem to be absurd in comparison with some alternatives...
Post removed 
NuForce performance better than almost anything up to $10K?

I would love to hear someone A/B the H2oAudio Signature mono's ($5,500 retail) with either the 9.02 or the 9 SE, or next months 9.1 SE...
Tvad, I think you do potentially err in your presupposition.

You seem to insinuate that other mfg’ers upgrades are for reasons different than Nuforce’s.

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps Nuforce is just a bit more honest than other mfg’ers? I’m not saying they are or are not. But did you ever stop to consider this?

For example, I am aware of a component mfg’er whose distributor performed a wholesale sell off of his entire inventory of the pricey component, thus rendering the product worthless in the marketplace.

To salvage the product and perhaps the company, it is my understanding the mfg’er announced a new and improved version of the product but there were supposedly no changes except cosmetic.

The product was salvaged. But the point being is that neither you, I nor anybody else really have any idea why any company truly announces a new revision.

Whether that story is true or not, we’ll never know. But if it is true, there is just one deceptive reason for a mfg’er’s revision.

That is why I think your’s and other’s comments regarding this particular mfg’er are irresponsible, non-sensical, and potentially damaging.

Because you and others pretend you do know the real motivation for Nuforce performing a number of revisions. Shoot, for all we know maybe they don’t even know why. And that is where I think you and others are potentially deceiving the reader into thinking you are in the know. When the fact of the matter is you and others are just as much in the dark as anybody else.

Perhaps it’s your speaking as fact and authoritative rather than guessing or hypothesizing that I find troubling.

-IMO
Post removed