Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
He's right about Naim. People usually buy Naim for some of the other qualities it has, but not for imaging.
I asked them why you bought it? They said; we loved the sound and didn't know about individual focus and depth. Wenn you give them a demo of 3-dimensional sound they al say the ame thing: this is superior. So again; it is that simple!
During the time I visited many people at home I was amazed about the poor level in sound many people have. They spend often a lot of money and they still play at a low level. Often they are not happy with it, and it is clear why!!
Bo1972, My only Naim product is the CD555/PS555, (I love it) and I'm thinking about their new PS555DR. Very informative thread, guys!
Ofcourse you can and you are allowed to be happy :) with your Naim. It still often depends about knowledge. There are enough peolple with sets which are based and focused on sound. ( very important part) I understand why people like Naim. It has a nice sound and is very good in dynamics. Low freq. have a very important and positive influence on our emotion. But in the world of the absolute sound/ highend a 3-dimensional sound sets music to a new and higher level. I had many conversations about this with shopkeepers, musicians and audio manufactures. They all agree about wenn we are talking about the absolute sound. And what you need. I played for a long time with the best speakers B&W makes. But cause of live music, shows and auditions I had to agree that there was an important and essential part to the absolute sound missing. This is depth. Not only depth makes music more stunning. Also a wider stage has a very important influence on this.