Digital recordings on Vinyl

I've generally tried to avoid it but now I'm weighing the difference between getting a really good dac or just just getting the vinyl cuts and playing it on my awesome analog rig. You?
128x128moryoga
I would argue that it's more about content. I play both vinyl and shiny silver discs not only because some sound better on one format or another, but because so much music is only available on format or another.
per given let's say $5000 on analog vs. digital sources, analogue will very likely win. there are price ranges where found cases vise versa.
I try to stay with digital if recorded that way and the same for vinyl, cannot be done easily these days. I have some vinyl that is from digital sources and vise verse. The vinyl sounds different than the CD in both cases. With some digital to analog recordings the sound stage is better on vinyl, not all.

I also find that with analog to digital recordings the sound stage collapses much more often. I am finding this happening much less as I get away from CD's and use computer based audio.
I like Elizabeth's response. Also, remember that some new recordings are not available in analog format. So, sometimes the only alternative is digital (read cd) purchase. I avoid downloading compressed digital recordings. So, my opinion is to have both. A really decent analog setup and a really decent digital setup. Cables do matter and also, a separate nice DAC is typically the way to go. However, there are exceptions. I have the Audio Research DAC 8, which contrary to the audio magazine (can't remember the name), it is quite good. I compared it to many other DACS (apples vs apples comparisons) and it is very nice. However, I have recently found that, believe it or not, the Pioneer Elite BDP-09FD analog output section is really, really very good. This thing is built like a tank and it beats most DACS I have heard. Most people I read about get an Oppo 105, not because it is better as a blue ray player, but because it loads faster. I couldn't care less about that. So, audition equipment in your own home/setup and hear things for yourself. but, I like the ease of Digital, especially my music server into my DAC 8. But, I also really like analog.

enjoy