Top This

I was reading an article this morning about how people are choosing pop songs to be played at their funeral. There was a thread recently about what we'd like played at our own funeral. How about a clever ending for someone else?

The two mentioned in the article were

"Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go."

and

"Another One Bites The Dust"

Now I KNOW you guys can do better than THAT.

Come on. Show me what you've got in terms of creativity. And try to keep it lighthearted and non-gory. No "Love Lies Bleeding" by Elton John.
kinsekd
I am going to have the music "Entry of the Gods into Valhalla" from Wagner's opera "The Valkyries"...and when my remains are cremated, the funeral pyre music from "Twilight of the Gods".
Don't know about someone else's, but at my funeral they'll be playing: "Tango Til They're Sore" by Tom Waits off Holly Cole's "Temptations" and "Here It Is" off Leonard Cohen's "Ten New Songs" - both great CDs musically and sonically.
I've always thought Talking Heads' "Once In A Lifetime" was good funeral music - "This is not my beautiful house! This is not my beautiful wife! Man, how did I get here?" I could only do it if my wife was already gone, since she is a beautiful person, but I just love those lyrics. I want people laughing a little, crying a little, singing a little. -Kirk
stones - "you can't always get what you want"

dylan - "the times, they are a'changing" ; "blowing in the wind"

bowie - "ashes to ashes"

bruce - "dead man walking"

jane siberry - "calling all angels"

daniel lanois- "sleeping in the devil's bed"

-cfb