Turnable database with TimeLine

Here is a database showing various turntables being tested for speed accuracy and speed consistency using the Sutherland TimeLine strobe device. Members are invited to add their own videos showing their turntables.

Victor TT-101 with music

Victor TT-101 stylus drag

SME 30/12

Technics SP10 MK2a

Denon DP-45F
peterayer
Yeah, I thought of that. This last guy made about $150 and can freely admit he's done nothing. Yet I still have to pay for his time. What a country!

However, in Bill's case, not only is he the salt of the earth in terms of honesty, but I did see my TT101 work in his shop. We played with it for about 15 minutes, turning it off and on, changing speeds, etc, and observed no issues.

Interestingly, I asked this last guy (whom I have never met in person) about lubricating the bearing. He virtually laughed at me, said they were made to last forever. He wouldn't even think of taking the bearing assembly apart. When I pointed out that Victor probably did not contemplate that anyone would be using the TT more than 30 years after its build date and so could not have envisioned that much life span for the bearing, I was dismissed. Just as well. I'd rather do it myself, or not.
Lew,
Perhaps you should just take some records and listen at the Tech's place?
But I also think the TT-101 is just devious?
My Tech has had mine running perfectly to correct speeds for over three days without any problems?
He will now just replace all the caps and see how it goes?.....but I suspect that once back installed in my system....the gremlins which have not revealed themselves to others.....might re-appear?
Lew
Apart from static issues, which I'm sure you have considered, are there any transmitting devices near by? Something with more output than a cell phone?
VHF, RT, radio ham neighbor?
Have your tech check and re-do solder joints, Halcro. The gremlins live in those joints.
FWIW, my unit has all new electrolytics. That's the first thing we did during the first round at Bill's shop. On the second go-round, Bill re-soldered all those suspect solder joints. When it then failed in my house, I myself re-soldered yet more of the connections, to no avail. (There wasn't much left to do; Bill was very thorough.) To Richard's question: there are no obvious sources of RFI in my basement in my suburban residential neighborhood. Maybe we missed something as regards solder joints, because transport seems to be associated with the problem's elusive nature, suggesting that shipping trauma can rattle some connection that is tenuous. Hence, I will give it a good swift kick as soon as I get it back home. That should do 'er some good.