Thales Simplicity tonearm review in Stereophile.

Michael Fremer's review of the Thales Simplicity tonearm in this January's Stereophile is pretty brutal. Are there any owners of this tonearm that would take except to his conclusions?
sarcher30
I'm sure that what Michael Fremer heard was accurate, however as the tonearm was damaged so what he heard bears little relationship to a correctly functioning Thales tonearm/turntable.
Another TTT-C/Simplicity owner and I have to agree with Proftournesol in that my arm tracks perfectly, really unfortunate that the arm Fremer received (& the one used at RMAF) had been mistakenly 'adjusted' after leaving the Thales factory.
I can't understand how he couldn't hear the absence of inner groove distortion unless the arm was generally tracking so poorly as a result of the bearing map-adjustment that it was just poor right across the LP surface. I know that Michael Fremer is not a big lei ever in inner-groove distortion, but the difference is just so noticeable compared to my (correctly aligned Kuzma Stogi Reference and also compared to a 4 point.
I just happened to come upon this thread. Pretty funny IMO! So many misconceptions about me, and about the Thales review.

It turned out the bearings in the review sample had issues. In fact Mr. Huber changed the bearing technology used in the arm after the review because I wasn’t the only one to have had the sticky bearing problem.

He also improved the set up jig. I did not "botch" the review. And I do keep a clean stylus. Also, the comment about my feelings towards suspended ’tables is ridiculous.

I haven’t reviewed any Basis turntables other than the big Debut, because AJ Conti has chosen not to send any for review.

My review of the Thales was honest, not ’brutal’. The problem is few reviewers actually review. Mostly they do publicity. Not what I do.

P.S.: I reviewed an improved version and it was far superior. I did my job.
Good work, it’s very refreshing to see a negative review.  Michael, I would be curious to hear your views on why horizontal and vertical eff mass should be similar.