just an observation for comment

I was giving my 20.00 one year old black crows war paint album a spin , it sounds good but a little muddy, then my 35.00 new copy of the rolling stones exile on main street, better. then my thirty year old 2.99 zz top dequello album, sound quality way better on every level. so much for new tech. im wondering if i should even bother with these 30.00 reissues, and just buy clean used.
jrw40
IMO, in the end it's all about the quality of the original recording and transfer processes in the first instance. Nothing that comes after that can repair damage done at the origin of the recording. Thus, a re-issue of a sonically great LP will typically be great. A re-issue of a sonic turd will be a turd or maybe a little better if you're lucky.
master tapes degrade over time. i have never heard a reissue outperform a good early pressing. now finding a good early pressing is another story...
Go to a reputable "used" record shop and get the (mostly) cheaper originals. Screw the new re-issues. I'm skeptical of their merit.
First, I am not an LP collector but listener and my goal is to find the best sounding copy of a title that I really, really like. While I agree with most of the above comments I cannot say all the reissues do not stack up to good, early pressings.

For instance, I have a pristine original copy of Alan Parson Turn of a Friendly Card that I bought in 1980 and have played on what was then a pretty good table and a Shure V15 Type III tracked at 1 gram. I kept the record safely stored all these years and it is still clean, both sonically and relatively free of annoying surface noise. Then I bought the Classic Records, 200 Gram reissue of this album and heard what excellence on vinyl truly is. Quiet as a CD but with all the warmth and dynamics that we embrace vinyl for. Same with Supetramps Crime of the Century. I have an original pressing, MOFI Original Master and both are quite good. Until I heard the Speakers Corner 180 gram reissue of this record and this is now my ultimate, go to disc for this classic album.

Of course, APP and Supertramp were always known for meticulous engineering in the first place so that helps. Now I have heard some of the Back to Black reissues that were less than desirable too. I just point the above out to not readily dismiss all reissues.