"Search Option" suggestion for AudioGon

Unless I missed it somehow (very possible) - how come AudioGon doesn't allow for searches based on price ranges like they do at real-estate sites? I'd think it would be a simple change to incorporate a search option based on the "asking price" of the ads. And while they're at it, they should consider one based on the "retail value" to appease the egomaniacs among us (self included).

Any views on this?

128x128jewel_hasan
Ezmeralda - I think you're right. Searching by members's names could get a little creepy and I kind of dread it myself - now that you mention it.
If you want to access a memebrs threads just click on his name and it will bring up all of their threads that they have posted on.
well yes we have gone off on a tangent or two here (sorry Jewel) but this is what normally happens in these threads so that's OK.
Yes you can search by membername, but only within the sales listings. As Perfect notes, you can click on the poster's name to bring up their other forum posts (30 days history only, & only once you've found a thread in which the poster has previously participated) so as Neubilder says, it would be useful to search forums by membername.
Also useful would be a capability to include searching within forum TOPIC title content, not just text body. I've tried this before; I was looking for threads of which I already knew the titles, but they're not found with the existing limited "text body only" search engine.
Regarding an FAQ, we started up a small focus group last fall & I actually began that effort. However I soon realized that if members can't even bother to use the search engine, would they really take the time to read the FAQ? Or likely they'd simply take the usual approach of posting yet-again-redunant questions? There is definite merit to back-referencing (as Ez noted above) but sometimes new info is gleaned from a new query as well, so both approaches do have merit on occasion. That is what I'd like to see - that the option be at least available. There are many enhancements possible & I really do hope that Arnie & his gang are watching this thread? Comments guys?