Pass x250.8 vs Boulder 850 vs Spectral DMA250

Hi all, I sold my old integrated amplifier (Vitus RI-100) and now I have a C2550 mcIntosh Preamplifier.
Next month I will have the possibility to make an audition on these amps, some of them are second hand so the resulting price will be more or less comparable:
- the new Pass X250.8 (I am afraid about what I read on burn-in hours required)
- Spectral DMA 250
- Boulder 850 monos
my intention is to drive my Sonus Faber Elipsa Red with a very good slam/control (where Vitus RI-100 lacked) but without loosing the excellent Vitus mids/highs.
Anyone experienced ? Any other suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks
Massimo
maz65
"For the rest I agree with you, note that MIT and Spectral is often used in Italy because the dealer is the same ;-) But now we are OT..."

It probably goes a step further. Spectral usually makes the dealer use MIT or they won't be allowed to sell their products. I think that's how they do it here in the US. Spectral forces the dealers to use MIT. A few years ago when I went to a dealer to demo Spectral, I brought some of my gear into the store to see how well it would match with what I already had. The dealer got mad at me. When he went away to help other customers, I hooked up some Tara and AQ speaker cables that I brought with me. They were both better than the MIT. lol. When the dealer saw my cables his face turned bright red. I don't know if he was mad because I changed the cables without asking or he was mad that they sound better than his MIT. He chased me out of the store. lol. This probably happens to Bo all the time.
My way of working is always creating a higher level in sound
than any competitor. When they come with MIT I always laugh.
Because I know the outcome. Only people with less knowledge
in music and sound would buy the MIT cables.

It is very easy for me to explain to people what the
differences are. This makes it very easy to understand what
the limitations are of the MIT cables. I could not sell MIT
to my clients. I would stop working in audio. I hate
inferior quality. For a perfectionist it always needs to be
the best. The rest I eliminate.
Hello,

I can not comment on the amps mentioned, but my Sonus faber Red Elipsa give excellent results with my Hegel H4SE amplifier.

Good luck.
Ari.
@Ari
you are right about Hegel: some weeks ago I considered the H30 because there was one available in a shop very close to my house, and no doubt it is a great amp with the Elipsas.
But... the aesthetics in my living room is not fundamental but important (see my system photos), and IMHO the H30 is impossible to exhibit open air, simply I don't like its design for the big dimensions.

Anyway, next Thursday Sept. 28th I will try the Spectral and the Boulders mono, and maybe something else. I will post an update about the test of these two amps.

Max.
Hi guys, a short follow-up.
In these days I compared two amps, in the same time, in my setup. Some friends helped me diring listening sessions.
- Boulder 850 monos
- the new Spectral DMA 200 s2

There is a clear winner, no competition: wow, the name is DMA 200 s2.

Let me some days in order to fix the initial feeling.. next week I will post my impressions. Thanks to everybody for suggesting me a way to the right direction, thanks George :-)