First Post Looking for Integrated Amplifier

Hello Forum!

My name is Justin and I am a newcomer to the forum (recommended by a friend). I'm looking for help on choosing an amp,integrated amp, or receiver. Currently, I have an older receiver that works great for TV, DVD and video games but lacks when I play my albums through it (there is not phono input). I have a preamp which helps but I still have to turn the volume up to about 90%. I would say that my primary focus is to get a receiver or amplifier that is more well rounded - especially for my vinyl.

I'm budgeting about $300 and something middle-of-the-road. If that budget is a bit low I would love some insight.

For speakers, I have two Sony SSF-5000s (150-watt, 8 ohms). I have to admit that I'm not too sure on what the impedance is.

Any help, recommendation, knowledge is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
jharris89
Sorry for my late response and thanks for all your help! I wasn't expecting all these responses so quickly! To answer some of your inquiries:

- My turntable is a Miida T3115 (not sure of the cartridge - just found it in my local vinyl store and it sounded good compared to what I originally had)

- My preamp is a TCC TC750 and it has a MM cartridge

Seems like general consensus is a NAD integrated amplifier will satisfy my needs. Any model recommendations? I run two tower speakers and a subwoofer through my existing set up and would want to keep it the same. Also have my TV and an aux cord for when I plug in my MP3 player to it.

Thanks!
You will need a pre-amp out rca's w/you're int. amp. I know the Nad 326BEE has them but the 316BEE does not. I'm running a small NAD 302 which is rated 20w per ch. and does a fine job w/my bookshelf spks. I'm using a Definitive Tech sub w/this system. On my 302 I internally connected the pre-amp out to pre-amp in w/a cooper wire. This leaves me without having to use jumpers AND I now have a set of pre-amp out jacks to run a set of interconnect cables to my sub. You could also do this w/two sets of y-rca cables. One rca in...two rca out. (I hope I'm not too confusing in my description.) I will say this little 302 is a very nice int. amp. There's also the Nad 312. I owned the big brother of these two, the Nad 314 (35w per ch.) and IMO the 302 sounds better. So, under $150 you're set. And if you decide to go w/an NAD 302/312, most likely you will keep it for a very, very long time. Hope this helps, Bill.
Kotta,

Thanks for your response. Let me know if i'm following this correctly. If there are pre-amp outs on a NAD or any other integrated amp, that's what I should be hooking my subwoofer to? I apologize for my lack of knowledge, but I'm used to receivers that have a "subwoofer" output labeled already.
NAD 320BEE

Does anyone recommend this? I found one locally on CL and it's listed for $180.