good preamp for dynaco mk3 monoblocks with maggies

Im new to HI-FI world and would appreaciate any advise. I need a good preamp while my Dynaco MK3's are being upgraded with new VTA boards and capacitors etc By Roy Mottram at tubes4hifi.com

I have Magnepan SMGa's which i will be Gunning soon(bought the wood already:)) and I have Event20/20 studio monitors.
my room is not big about 12X14 and I dont listen to my music too loud..i like classical, vocal, instrumental.

I need a good preamp for around 1000$... I will be listening to digital source cds or from dac.

im looking at Audio research sp11 mk2 for sale for 1000$
parasound halo p3 for about 500$

what im using as a preamp now is a little dot mk2 headphone amp that has pre outs..i know its not the best but like i said im new to this..i love magnepan sound and i like tube sound..

remote is preffered but not critical..i would rather have better sound....
HELP

HELP
zvovchik
Zvovchik, You can plug a phono pre into one of the RCA inputs on any of the Promitheus TVCs.

Rcprince, thanks for the comparison with the Shindo. The Promithius Signatures are just a crazy good value proposition. Nicholas really needs to establish a US distributor and give them an inventory to work with. These things would sell like hot cakes at 3x the price with a bit more exposure and easier access.

I dont agree with the TVC solution suggested for the following reasons :
The Dynacos do not have a very sensitive input stage and sound much better driven from an active preamp with good voltage drive. I own a pair.
Secondly, TVC volume pots have phase shifts at different volume settings.
TVC's to my ears can be very transparent, but they sound thin and lack timing due to the lack of drive and phase shifts at different volume settings.
The best preamps I have heard with the Dynacos are tube preamps with lots of drive.
Not having a good preamp and I can only compare to ky little dot mk2 as preamp versus no amp from my dacmagic I can say that with just dacmagic to mk3s sound a bit thick and more forward vs when I use my LD MK2 as pre I hear a bit more clearer and thinner sound..but that could also be that my mk3s are brand new and have only like 4hrs on them and sound was changing due to everything breaking in..at least in part. Any good recomendations for a tube preamp within my budget maybe a little more if its a better pre. I am trying to find out what is a good way to go and dont want to rush things if I can wait or look for a good Value
Zvovchik,
up to $1k I would suggest Audio Research SP9mkII ( about $8-900) or SP16L ( about 1k) as being good value and good bang for the buck. The SP9 is a hybrid design and has lots of drive in the line stage. The SP16 is very musical. The SP11 you mention is very cheap, but if anything goes wrong will be expensive to repair as it is more complex.
Dover, It is always essential when considering use of a passive pre to consider both the amp and the sources. One must be very careful about system matching, although TVCs in some ways can be more forgiving than other passive designs.

In the 1K price range for preamps, there are necessarily going to be tradeoffs. The Promitheus TVCs can be a steal if the rest of the system lines up. I don't know the Dyanaco amps. The OP should consider your experience with those amps carefully.