Why not accordion ?

To my point of view it's one of the most universal solo instruments, but not widely accepted in any classical or jazz orchestras or bands. It's also sophisticated. I'd say extremely sophisticated. In order to deliver smooth and artistic sound it may require long and extensive practice to handle bellows and position your hands properly. In addition there are two button boards that can deliver sophisticated polyphonic parts that can create an impression of small band inside one instrument. You can also count on fingers great accordionists while you can have an endless list of great guitarists or saxophonists.
czarivey
Gvasale ...

I recall a cartoon strip called The Wizard of Id. The king was in the dungeon with the dungeon caretaker when some musical notes came out of one of the torture chambers. The king said ... "Hey, that sounds like accordion music." The caretaker retorted ... "So?" *lol*
Here's Art Van Damme's beautiful rendition of "Early Autumn." The vibes player isn't too shabby either. Enjoy ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgzLq4CkiCA
It was always my ambition to create an easy to learn and play accordion style musical instrument, but it took me ages...(!!)  to get my act together. Finally, step by step I built the DIY components for it:
1) I converted a 120-button accordion bass to Midi.
2) From 3 PC plates I created a 6x6 JANKO keyboard
3) I created a WYSIWYG notation for it (similar to Klavar notation).
It can't get any easier (!!) and to make it sound like a real accordion I got myself the latest XXL MASTER ACCORDION from V3 sound modules, pairing it with an equally excellent MidiToolEx software and voilà, now I'm enjoying the sound of 206 top accordions at a fraction of Roland Midi accordion's costs.

In case anyone of you would like to have some more details, please feel free to contact me.
To accelerate the notation conversion I would need to find a programmer for it.