Wilson Sophia or Watt Puppy 5.1

I have been considering the Wilson Audio Speakers and would appreciate some input from Audiogon Members.

The 5.1s are about 8 years old and the Sophias I'm looking at are 1 year old.

They both sound wonderfull with my Sugden, 33 watt Integrated.

Just need some feedback from members, before taking the plunge.
Thanks.
jeffjarvis
get the Sophia's it won't have the hot tweeter setup of the 5.1's. Bass response will probably be the same since the 5.1's were not full range, and the mid-bass improvement will be stunning on the Sophia's. Plus you could end up reconing the 5.1's because of age..and that's not cheap.

I have listened to the 5.x, 6, and 7 series and only after spending considerable amount of time with the Sophia's did I go with Wilson (but ended up going with the WP7's because I am a acoustic bass freak...) My friend owns Sophia's powered by an ARC 50watt tube integrated and it is truely an amazing and definitely more forgiving speaker than the 5.x or the 7's.

Make sure you do a search for the Wilson voicing technique to setup the speakers as 1/4" can be difference between good and amazing!

Chris
Why would he have to recone the speakers?

My B&W's are much older and show no signs of needing anything done to them. Knowing the build quality of Wilson's, I would really be surprised if they have a short life.

Richard
Good comments, thanks.
Having to service the 5.1 due to age is a consideration.
What is the average lifespan I wonder.
Jeff, Don't worry about the lifespan of the 5.1, the Sopia;s sound way better any way.
Just get the Sophia's.
Rgds,
Larry