Vandersteen 3A sig. Placement and Room Sensitive?

I am considerting 3A sigs. How room and placement sensitve are thay. My main concern is that they will only be about 7 feet apart and 16 or so inches from the rear wall?

In addition how much bass do they do? Do they go low? How tight is the bass?

Thanks

Ken
drken
They are very sensitive to room placement, especially when it comes to being off the wall. 16" out is really too close. They need about 3-4 feet. When they are that close to the rear wall, imaging suffers and the bass will be bloated and ill-defined. The speakers do go relatively deep but this position will mask the lowest octaves with more mid bass.
The 7' spacing between the speakers is fine. Also, you need to be at 8' or more from the speakers for a proper listening position.
I have owned these speakers with a pair of 2Wq subs for some years now. They are truly a wonderful speaker but will not impress if not set up correctly. IMO, I would look for something that could be placed closer to the wall.
However, they do come with an excellent manual on placement and tilt back. You may luck out and find a position that would work somewhat but I don't think you will ever get them to sound their best.
Vandersteen 3A sigs are great speakers, I owned them for years. Unfortunatly I have to ditto what Bigtree said.