Cars. What does the typical audiophile drive?

Just curious. People have asked about watches,
cigars, beer, and even ones income here.

1: What do you drive (daily & weekends)?
2: What might you be driving in the future?
3: What would you drive if $$$ was no object (pick 2 ;-)?

My answers to the above:
1: Toyota truck.
2: Newer Toyota truck.
3: Lamborghini Murcielago & McLaren F1.
houndco
Kona guy-

yeah, the old-school CRXs arent' the last word in all-around cars, but for specific jobs they are hard to beat: going fast, handling well. the lightness is the key...nothing touches them, esp. new cars... even new hondas.... all big and porky. Yeah, $10k would easily build either of what I have now, probably with newer/faster parts... or, you could also build a pretty killer turbo miata for about the same $..(maybe a touch more). Whats' up with all these SCCA spec miata guys...$10k to go a little faster than a stock miata...how about $10k and keep the miata part, lose the spec part... (eg. add boost). what kind of SCCA stuff do you do with the Focus? Mostly a road-race guy myself (and instructor for BMWCCA, COMSCC, some other sports car clubs...)

Bikes - yes, those are damn fast...scary too...as said, even a lame bike will crush the fastest of cars.. I had a friend with a whipped 1970's 2-stroke Yamaha R5 that would outrun another friends Talon AWD turbo... at least up through highway speeds...

the ultimate fast wheeled toy I think is karts... 125cc or 250cc shifters...bike-fast but with car-caliber handling and then some. F1 guys use them to 'keep sharp' in the off-season. ;> That says something.

Damn. cars or audio - now that's a tough choice on what to blow money on.
KARTS are UNREAL. Thanks is almost too much abuse for me for any length of time though (depending on the techincality of the track). But talk about a rush!! Right on Ed!!
Gunbei and Bob Crump, you and my "Pop" can hang out and talk about cars. He used to have a 1969 red and black Charger R/T with a .060 over 440 / 4 speed in it. His previous car was a 1966 Coronet Convertible with a 426 wedge and a 4 speed. He was sorry that he sold the Coronet to get the Charger when all was said and done. I bet that the Coronet would be worth more money nowadays too.

As to where Bob fits in, my Dad loved his Jetta and supercharged Corrado. He dumped the Corrado for a Taurus SHO and was very sorry. The SHO had a great motor in it but was WAY too "boaty" in terms of the handling that he was used to. I told him that we needed to stuff that SHO motor into his Corrado : )

Personally, i've never been a Mopar fan. Some of their cars looked great ( Charger, Challenger, Cuda, etc... ) but i never dug their motors. I would have been REALLY happy if we could have gotten Ford's racing division hooked up with Chevy's "common sense" division. THEN we would really have something. Ford made the most factory racing parts and always had the best breathing intakes but could never figure out how to get the potato out of their exhaust ports. That's where Chevy's "common sense" approach would have come in handy.

I've always wanted to stuff a massively built Old's quad four into a worked Fiero GT. Talk about a "sleeper" : )

Oh well, just like audio, to each their own : ) Sean
>
Had a '70 Hemi Roadrunner and both a '90 G-60 Corrado and a '92 VW Corrado VR-6.....I always liked cheap, mean and easy cars, just like my ex-wives.....