Cars. What does the typical audiophile drive?

Just curious. People have asked about watches,
cigars, beer, and even ones income here.

1: What do you drive (daily & weekends)?
2: What might you be driving in the future?
3: What would you drive if $$$ was no object (pick 2 ;-)?

My answers to the above:
1: Toyota truck.
2: Newer Toyota truck.
3: Lamborghini Murcielago & McLaren F1.
houndco
1) 1994 Ford Tempo, 1988 Volvo 240 DL, 1988 Ford Mini-van, 1975 Corvette Stingray, 1975 Harley Ironhead

2) Same as above. Who's got money for cars ??? Besides, my feet aren't pushing through the floorboards yet ( the mini-van is close though ).

3) If i had my pick of the litter, i'd like a 1966 427 Shelby Cobra, a Shelby Daytona Coupe and an Aston Martin ( not picky ). I also like the old 930's, maybe a 1978 or so. I'm sure that the 959 is no slouch either : )

Here's one category that i'm throwing in for the "halibut". This would be cars that i used to own. I had to do this, as anyone looking at my list of current vehicles would think that i was some "mama's boy" going through a mid-life crisis. After all, isn't that what most Vette owners really are ??? : )

4) 1972 Olds 442 with a 482" motor, CJ Batten Aluminum heads, a quartet of Webers and more torque than imaginable. I could literally smolder a set of N-50's from a 50 mph roll / 1978 Trans Am with turbocharged 383" Chevy / 1966 Ford Fairlane GTA replaced 390 with 427 medium riser side oiler. Should have pulled the motor and kept it before selling !!! / 1978 Mustang Cobra 351" with dual quad cross-ram, Borg Warner T-10, etc... 1972 SS Chevelle 402" with 12:1 Arias,BIG Comp Cam, Turbo Terry 400, etc... For best results, use a split pattern cam with more intake lift but longer exhaust duration on a tight centerline. I think you get the picture : ) I really WAS a gearhead at one point in time. I still drive way too fast most of the time. Sean
>
Ed & Perfectimage-
Ed is right on the money.
930 was an interesting car in its day, but C2 or C4 out does it in every way
(even in top speed w/o the turbo). If you compare the 930 to a
911 3.6 turbo, C4 turbo air cooled, or the new h2o version, forget it!
0-60 times are literally 2 seconds off compared to the C4 turbo's (2 full seconds, not 2/10th's),
and the wild turbo lag problems are no longer life threatening as they seemed
to be in the 930's (Porsche was sued over this, and lost). Now, the 935's are another story all together (700hp-850hp).

Porsche tiptronic? Forget it. Buy a Lexus SC430 instead (if you go that direction, go all the way).
My girlfriend drove a Boxter with tiptronic and said it was a "rich house wives yuppy car".
Same day we drove the 315 hp BMW M Coup (5 speed only) and loved it.
Tiptronics are also off by almost a second 0-60 on top of the slushy feel.
A Ford Focus Kona Edition modified for SCCA racing. can nab 1.0 on the skidpan and goes 0-60 in under 6.5 seconds seconds. Oh yeah.....28mpg.......all for about $17K. SWEET.
KGB, now THAT sounds like a well rounded car and one that is probably a blast to drive, especially for the money involved : ) Sean
>
J_Thunders- Welcome back!! and very nice car, one of the coolest cars that can be driven everyday up here in the north east.