integrated Tube C-J CAV50 for Proac 2.5

I recently set up system: C-J CAV50 to drive proAC2.5.
At this moment, this combination is not even as good as
my old set up with spendor sp2/2.(especially for violin)
I am not sure what I did wrong. Please help!!

i mostly listen to classical.
smileshopper2000
Not enough power for the Proac 2.5. I tried this combination once. Sorry. At least in my experience, the combination sounded a bit flat and soft in the bass. The CJ-11a amp was adequate to power the Proac 2.5 for small rooms, and the CJ Premier 12 monoblocks really made the Proac 2.5's sing in my living room!

You have two great components that are unfortunately not made for each other. They both have solid resale value, as far as I can tell. Good luck deciding!

Art
Thanks. Art. Now I need make decision among there choices:

1) stick with ProAC2.5 and sell my CAV50 and Spendor sp2/2 to get ARC gears (VT100 + SP8 pre ?? I guess)

2) keep CAV50 and upgrade spendor to sp1/2 or sp100. and
say good bye to my dreaming ProAC2.5 ~

BUT NOW ANOTHER ISSUE ARISED: DOES C-J CAV50 HAVE ENOUGH POWER TO DRIVE SP1/2 OR SP100??? My budget is really limit
and i don;t want to break my bank and credit card company
during the upgrade.

THANKS.
I drive Proac D25 with a Plinius 9200 intergrated sounds amazing... Might want to try the Plinius or another really good solid state integrated..
That depends on your taste. I have personally wanted badly to switch from tubes to solid state, and I've tried numerous times, but always find something missing when I do. Others seem make the switch comfortably, or not, depending on taste.

This is not an easy decision, totally subjective, but I do think the Proac is a noticable step up from the particular Spendors that you mention. And I think the CAV-50 power and sound character rather limits your choice of speakers. For example, you could probably power many of the Silverline speakers comfortably with the CAV-50, but I'm not sure the sound qualities would complement each other (they might).

I have always found ARC gear to be a little bit too lean for my tastes, but I've not heard the latest generation.

The Proac 2.5 definitely benefits from power. 100 wpc might be plenty for a small room but marginal for a larger room. The high water mark for sound quality in my home was when I had the Conrad Johnson Premier 12's (140 wpc, tube watts) and was switching back and forth between the Proac 2.5's and the Spendor FL-9's.

Sigh. In solid state, a good value is the Plinius 8200 version II. That would be worth trying out with the Proac 2.5, as would the ARC I suppose. The Plinius needs a heavier nonstock power cord and also 24 hours to run in.

Art