Tuff decision, need help

Hello folks,

I've recently purchased a PSB GOLDi, to match a McCormack DNA-1 and McCormack TLC-1 pre-amp. I also have a Sunfire subwoofer, but I rarely use it.

The thing is that, although I'm close to satisfied with the PSB's, it is very far from perfect. My main complaint is the lack of clarity in the highs, and the muddiness on the bass side.

I was considering trading my PSB GOLDis (new edition) for a pair of used B&W Matrix 801, old as hell. I always liked B&W but never have gotten the chance to acquire one.

Do you guys think the trade might pay off? How about the amp, will it be enough to drive the power hungry 801?
jmabe
I've seen these on the internet for sale a couple of times a year and they seem to sell for about 1500 to 1800. They sold new for 3500 and at discount for about 2800. Sounds like his asking price is a bit stiff. Yeh, you've got to like the pinched waist look. By the way they got excellent write ups in Audiophile Voice (when it was still just a club rag), and in High Performance Review Winter 95-96. I based my purchase on these reviews and was not disappointed. You really aught to listen to them........
Hmmm, something just came up. The big plus according to the sales man were the Dynaudio drivers. How about that, another friend of mine offered me the Dynaudio Contour 3.0 for EXACTLY the same price. The B&W Matrix 801 v3 is also just a bit more.

Now, considering I will be driving these with a Mccormack DNA-1 and a Mccormack TLC-1, what would be the best choice?

A power hungry B&W, a funny looking Paragon or a classy Dynaudio (i've owned a Dynaudio Audience 120 and just about loved it, it just lacked the bass I needed).
If you have friends making all of these offers I would assume the speakers must be available for audition. At the risk of asking a dumb question, why don't you just listen to them with your stuff and buy the ones you like the most?
Yea, I would do that. But both the Dynaudio and the B&W are in another state, so it is impossible for me to audition them. I could check on the Paragon though.