Who makes a "true" Transmission Line speaker?...

Who makes a "true" Transmission Line speaker that displays some of the advantageous characteristics described in the previous threads regarding ported vs sealed vs TL? Does anyone make a true TL for under $10K? Who makes the best TL in your opinion and why?
128x128dawgbyte
Kevin: Having spoken to Brian on more than a few occassions, i don't think that it was his intention to spread rumours or attack Buggtussel's reputation in the least. Brian is a very polite and conscientious individual to say the least. I'm quite certain that he was only sharing his own personal experience with the speakers based on the interaction with his components in his room & system. As to his comments about Buggtussel being out of business, his assumptions would seem logical if one lived locally i.e. the production facility is no longer where it was and former employees are working elsewhere, etc... As such, while i'm glad that you are still with us, and i would venture to say that Brian is too, there's no need to get hostile. Your post more than cleared the air about any misconceptions.

As far as the TDL's go, Brian never mentioned them at all. As such, it was not he that drew any conclusions or made any comparisons between them. You might want to re-read his posts and those of a few others to address the individuals that made such comments. Sean
>
Dear Brian,
It was TDLs that you brought to our sound room for a comparison with the Amygdala. It was TDLs that we moved to position the Amygdalas in your home for evaluation. It was TDLs that were in your home when we retrieved the Amygdalas. The Amygdalas were a blemished pair in Ropey Cheery which we later sold for asking price. Your statement to us was that you wanted a better deal! You did not mention the TDLs in your posting yet, they were there in real life. Like most audio-on-line, you do not seem to let facts get in your way.
Dear Kevin...spare me all the belittling. It seems you are offended because I didn't like your speakers enough to purchase them and you are allowing this to affect your posts. I am not hiding any facts, as you say; I didn't mention the TDL's as it had nothing to do with what I posted. (Btw, I prefered the tighter bass of the Amyg's over the TDL's.) So yes, I owned TDL's when we first met, but I don't see what I posted has to do with that. (And for clarification, I did not come to your shop to compare the TDL's to the Amyg's, but for you to consider modding them, we did end up comparing though.)

As for you retrieving the Amyg's and TDL's being here, yes they were, but if you would remember correctly, I had B&W N803's setup when you arrived, and they are the reason I didn't purchase the Amygdala's. If you chose to believe it was me wanting to undercut your dealers on some blemished speakers, so-be-it, but the N803's that I purchased say otherwise.
I'd say the best TL speakers are PMC (the studio range not the hifi)! Especially with the optional Bryston powerpack, although that would go above 10k then.
Freid is back in buisness (Bud Freid).

Also a guy named Ronnie Thackery in Charleston SC makes some using Jordan drivers.