How much burn-in for Soliloquy 5.3s

Hi,

I recently purchased a demo pair of Soliloquy 5.3s, which I figured might have enough hours on them (dealer said he thought they had about 50 hrs) to sound reasonably good out of the box. Wrong! They sound absolutely horrible; very compressed, bass muddy and distant, treble subdued to the point of being almost not existant. At one point I actually thought the tweeter was nonfunctional since I could barely hear any extension at all. I hope I didn't make a big mistake. Anyway, I am hoping that folks out there with experience with these might be able shed some light (sound!) on what I can expect.
cody_the_cat
Cody, I got the 6.3's last September. I've got a tuner and had them going for 4 weeks 24/7. It took longer than that for the sound to really fill out. I use Purist Musaeus Shotgun BiWire for my speaker cables. They work very well in my system.
Cody, I believe that David Berman the owner of Soliloquy recommended Analysis Plus products because of the synergy generated with the internal wiring of his speakers being Analysis Plus. I switched my speaker cables to AP as well as my interconnects. I am now using AP Solo Crystal interconnects instead of my Nordost Red Dawns. They just sounded better with my speakers. David Berman also said that I should try Analysis Plus Silver Oval speaker cable for the Tweeter and Mids. He likes silver for the tweeter and mids and copper cables for the bass. Jim
JimD- Is that for the new "i" models or the older ones that Cody has?

I believe that the wiring used has changed, but I am not sure.
Rysa4, The model that Cody has were manufactured in 1999. I believe that they have Analysis Plus internal wiring. I'm not sure if Soliloquy has changed the internal wiring on their newest "i" models. Jim
I believe that Soliloquy used to put StraightWire cables inside of their boxes. Only recently did they change over to AP.