Full sounding Bookshelf speakers music only

I'm trying to find a nice full sounding bookshelf, or monitor pair for a new set-up. I have a nad c740, and I'm looking for a good match. I have a budget of $400.00. I don't want to use a sub. This will be for music only. I listen to everything from classical to metal. Thanks.
pattymo
I went shopping today, and tried the B & W dm602s3 speakers, I really liked them, the salesman would not budge off of $599. He tried to get me into the next size down for $469, but they seemed to be lacking too much in the bottom for my tatse.(still a nice speaker though). I'm intrigued by this Epos ELS3, but I'm concerned about driving 4 ohms. Any thoughts?
Definitely check out the GR-Research A/V-1. I had the Paradox-1s which were an excellent speaker. A/V1 is more or less the same, with a different tweeter.

http://www.gr-research.com/performer/av1.htm

Very Recommended!
Check out KRK Systems in Simi Valley Ca.Have had them for 4 years,good sounding,well built etc.Many models....the one's I have are called KRK Roks,about 450$ new,good luck,Bob
There's a pair of Hales Rev. 1 speakers posted here for $450 that might be tough to beat in that price range. Goatwuss gets my vote for coolest weirdo username (wish i woulda thought of that one).