TAS Total Victory Review

Anybody read the current TAS review of these fine speakers?
Apparently, it was not very laudatory. Any opinions/reactions by actual owners or people who heard them at length?
divo
HP's review is exceptionally positive, in the context of an HP review. He fully realises that every component, no matter how excellent or expensive is flawed. He will devote as much attention to the faults of a piece of gear as he does top its
strengths. This is in sharp contrast to most audio reviews with which we have grown accustomed.

HP,in the review states very clearly, "At the outset-and I want you to keep this in mind- whatever shortcomings I found, the Victorys were never less than spectacularly impressive and capable of virtually all the fidelity you could ask for." If this is not laudatory, then I fail to grasp the meaning of the word.

Furthermore, it must be remembered that HP has included the Total Victory in his Super Components list. That speaks for itself. Only the world's best components are so listed and most of them, unlike the Total Victory, are stratospherically priced.

In his review, HP found essentially only 2 flaws, both of which he considered fairly minor. There was a slight bass hump in the midbass and secondly, in the 3khz region he found that the tweeter could sound congested when pushed hard.(when HP states pushed hard, we mean played at extremely loud volumes) The good news is that both of these problems were rectified in early 2002, after the first production run of the speaker. HP's Total Victorys were manufactured in late 2001.

We are currently in the process of sending HP a current version of the speaker(which has been unchanged since March 2002)so that he can hear for himself that even those 2 relatively insignificant flaws have been banished.

I know(in countless phone coversations and emails)that HP is
exceptionally impressed by the Total Victory and believes them to be quite an achievement.
I actually did not read the review as I have not received the issue yet. Two people who did, misinformed me obviously. Since I have been impressed by my brief encounters with this design in the past, I was keen in getting a better sense from actual owners, as a counterpoint. Thank you for the responses thus far.