best for home theater? revel or aerial acoustics?

i am looking at the model 9 with the cc5 center , the revel studios with the voice center, or the revel performa 50 with the c50 center has anyone heard all of these and which would be better for home theater
instylemale
I like the Aerials better than the Revels. I have the 9's and they are awesome. Revels are made as good as it gets but i like the sound of the Aerials better. You must hear both of them to deside for yourself.
Worldcat: Your response shouldnt even be allowed in a Revel vs. Aerial debate. And you know it! =P
Get yourself the new Deftecs BP7000sc series if you want HT. These are meant for HT and have few peers if your planning to spend that kind of money.I beg to differ on Revels being built like tanks... you must mean the F50 on up. Below that they are nothing special. The BP7000sc series has a freq response from 11 Hz - 30 khz. Built in 1800 watt class D amplifiers in each speaker. A pair of these has more bass output and impact than 7 super cubes put together! For HT they are hard to beat..regardless of how much more you spend.

Use the money you saved.. on your two channel system!

Good Luck!
i have had the Revel F30's, C30, and S30's in my HT room for 3 years (i have a separate 2-channel room with Kharma Exquisites). i have taken the F30's into my 2-channel room and listened to them on world-class amps (Tenor 300 watt hybrids among many others). i have spent time listening to the F50's also.

for the last 4 years our local audio club has used the Aerial 7B's as our reference speakers......so i have heard those on many different amps on many occasions.

both Revel and Aerial are well made and pretty capable. but there are clear differences. the Aerials are much more forgiving, much warmer, and not as fast or detailed as the Revels. one reason our club choose the Aerials was to avoid any edgyness as that was a prioity at the time for us. i would add that when we try to do cable comparisons or source gear comparisons on the Aerials all the differences are minimized due to the politeness of the Aerials......whereas my Revels tell me exactly what is going on immediately.....a good thing?.....a matter of taste possibly.

personally, i prefer the Revels for their greater excitment, dynamics and less veiled approach. my opinion is that the F50 is like the F30, but just more transparent and refined. the better, more refined your gear is....the more you will appreciate the Revel approach IMHO.

good luck.
Mike made a good point on Revel's. They are much more detailed to the extent where they will show up flaws in the rest of your equipment which may or may not make for an enjoyable listening experience. The better your source and amplification is, the better they will sound. One reason why I personally feel Revel products(Ultima Series)are superior to Aerial regardless of HT or 2 channel listening, it just forces you to upgrade the rest of your gear accordingly. To me, "laid back" and "forgiving" means information lost. SOmething I found when I recently had a pair of 20T's next to my Salons. On a few passages you could hear the vocalists every so slight breathing patterns between passages through the Salon's, along with some cymbal/drumstick contact information, both of which were non existant on the Aerial's which had a much more "laid back" personality, but its a given that when you sacrifice dynamics, you lose detail in the process. Thats why I like speakers that have maximum dynamics and detail. If I want to "lay back" the sound, I would rather do it through my amplification,source and cabling, not the speakers themselves.