The Klipschorn

Hi, what do you think of the classic Klipschorns? To some these are da best sounding speakers regardless of price. So why spending $10,000 while you can get the most dynamic and lifelike sound for less money? Maybe you think I'm slowly becoming insane, but for the true audiophile technique doesn't matter, right? If only the sound is natural and lifelike.
dazzdax
If you like the Klipschorn then it is great for you. I have listened to them and if I had to list my top 50 speakers they would not be on the list. Actually I would not buy them for any price, so maybe you are going insane, but if you're happy...
I have owned the older, "classic" Khorns from the late 60's or early 70's and I currently own the 2002 revision, in which the crossover and drivers were updated, including better wire. There is simply a "rightness' to them that few speakers can match. They are not perfect and can be beaten in any category by a number of great speakers, but taken on the whole, they just make music! I have never enjoyed my system more, and that's what really counts.
I feel the Klipschhorn is one of the best speakers, regardless of price. I had the pleasure of meeting Paul Klipsch in the mid 1980's. He was an innovative genius of speaker design. Very often people hear a vintage Klipsch speaker with less than ideal component matching. This is critical with any high sensitivity speaker, especially one that has 104db efficiency.
The speakers were designed to be placed in corners, hence the name cornerhorns. Call me insane but some day when I design my listening studio, it will be centered around the vintage Klipschorn.
It depends on what kind of music you are playing. If it's a symphony orchestra going full bore, a pair of Klipshorns will make your little monitors (that image so perfectly) sound like a toy.