Wiring a dedicated line

I just put a didicated line in myself for my stereo. The stereo works fine but if I plug an air conditioner into it the fan in the ac unit wont come on but the lights and refridgeration unit do. The fan works in the ac unit when pluged into a different line.

Did I wire it wrong? Is the ac unit getting some power but not enough to run the fan?

I have wired before but never had this problem.

Any help would be great.
perfectimage
Sean, what the hell do you do for a living? I thought you were a technician in the electronics/audio field. On that basis, my comment was that over and above not messing with the house wiring, untrained people should not mess with the innards of elctronic components. Well, whatever you do, you appear very knowledgeable to me. While I don't agree with every last word you post, I have to concede that you give rather sane, accurate and useful advice. Sorely needed in these parts. Regards.
I do work as a tech and design consultant on electronics for a living, primarily in the radio communications field.

Having said that, there is a BIG difference between a technician and an electrician. I'm certain that i could do electrical work with a little studying. Only problem is that i would have to learn local codes and the tricks of the trade. That is why i had someone else do my work over here. They had the tools and know how, so i took advantage of their experience. The fact that i helped the electrician install his antenna tower and set up his personal "radio room" was a "one hand washing the other" type of deal. It worked out for both of us. We shared our skills and knowledge and kept our money ( other than raw parts ) in our pockets. Sean
>
A Journey level Electrician may bid a job and be responsable provided the job does not exceed a certain dollar amount. The amount changes by the State, here (Utah) it is $2000. You do not have to have a Master Electrician all you need is a competent Journey level to perform your work. A dedicated line should not exceed the local limits. Check with your local Hometheater installers and ask who they use.
and you need to call one. It is probably something very simple, but the fact is, if you have to ask you should have someone qualified repair your problem.

Good Luck.

gb
Viridian, when you ask "How can I put a dedicated line into myself for home theater?" I hope you don't really mean what I think you do! (Although your wife may quite enjoy the entertainment)... just kidding.