Best sounding PC for adudio may vary

Hi I have owned many many different PC,s . From Desk tops to laptops but I have found that HP lap tops the new I5 quad core and 6 gig ram 640 gig hard is my newest toy but it is by far the best on my stereo. It has a much more laid back sound than my Compaq or my old Dell. The Compaq I found very forward with lots of mid bloom that could sound great on another rig but this HP is my boat. The Dell....Well honestly the Dell both laptops and desk top both just were boring and just never made think " this is the best it can be" I knew it was lacking and no one had to tell me that dell isnt what you want for audio. But some swear by it so more power to them. It may intergrate perfectly with there rig. I want to know what you guys Think? Tell sound differences you have noticed between different computers and by the way if you cant tell the difference in the sound between computers ....well...Thanks anyway?
jayb77
Totally agree with mechans. I really was refering to most main stream everyday PC,s or Mac,s and the different forms of connections from fire wire to USB or now Is2. Just kinda to help with sonic adjustments. More simple than complicated but the super servers are out there so we must talk about the possibility but I personally may never know the joy of a dedicated audio server. Oh! And much appreciated Steve from empirical Audio.
Jayb - the HDMI output on your computer is not I2S and not compatible with the W4S input. This input only works with the PSAudio transport.

dbpoweramp has free downloads, but you must download several pieces I think and install and configure them. I think it is easier to pay the $39 or whatever and get the pro version.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Steve, I notice that your Off Ramp has I2S output. It's a different connector than the W4S uses, but can they be made compatible?