No Bi-Amp but tubes for Maggies -- can it be done?

Someone please either put me out of my misery once and for all. Is there a tube amp that will drive Magneplanars (1.6 or 3.6). Most listened to are female Jazz vocals. If can get some real expert input I'll give up the dream and move on to the best cat coffins I can find or plunge into the world of electrostatic/ribbons. Thanks as always.

F7
fathom7
Greenman- Your missing what I said, the magnepan uses a ribbon tweeter- I sure hope your amp doesn't have a tweeter in it! I was merely pointing out that you are more likely to have a tube failure effect a ribbon(on the speaker) with an OTL then with any other type of amp. Some will never have a problem with output tubes but with a power hungry speaker the tubes are working over time. The load isn't a big deal its a stable 4 ohm load, but the maggies are still an 85dB with TONS of driver area that needs gobs of power(both watts and current) to make it happen. And as I said if you have not modified your speakers then this is not an issue but then again your not even hearing 30% of what your speakers are capable of with out modification. Does that clear up your confusion?
Tireguy, no confusion on my part. You're talking theory and I'm talking practice with unmodified Maggies. Try not to be so patronizing, especially when you lack first hand experience. I don't need a lecture on either Maggies or OTLs. I'm actually a fairly bright guy with 30 years of high audio experience.
If that's the case why did you think that I said your amps had ribbon tweeters in them? Just calling them like I see them. And I do have experience with OTL and maggies just not the atma-sphere's so try and relax this hobby is suppose to be fun ;)
Ease back there, Tireguy! Greenman said that the OTLs will not "eat" (damage) the Maggie's ribbon tweeters. He never said or implied anything about his Atma-Spheres having tweeters.

Reading comprehension is clearly not a strong-suit for you. Please, take your own advice and "...try and relax..."

Quit trying to save face...You're just digging yourself deeper.
Gullahisland- What seems to be your problem? He did clearly say
The Atma-sphere is NOT a ribbon tweeter eater.
I assume he meant either not eater. I have a great understanding of the English language and how to use it- appreciate your insight though. I don't think you could be further off base with your statements and yes I will defend my statements when they are clearly misunderstood(for those who have been around for a while I sort of feel like Carl_e here!). I don't care how long someone has been in this hobby there's always something new to learn, I don't claim to know everything, heck I don't claim to know much!. Any other comments? or am I still just digging myself deeper because I can comprehend what was said- either way I handle it, trust me ;)