La Scala vs Klipschorn

I had a pair of Klipschorns for several years, many years ago. To tell the truth, other than I remember them positively, I don't remember much else. (Age takes it's toll!)

I'm considering buying a pair of Klipschorns or a pair of La Scala to replace my ESS/Heil speakers that have more-or-less turned to mush after twenty years.

Anyone care to tell me the differences between the two speakers?

Barrie
barrie
Jax2, what tube gear are you using?

I use my Klipschorns with false corners which does not limit you to using them in two 45 degree corners. Check out the Klipsch.com forum for that simple solution.
Klipsch used to publish a very useful paper called "dope from Hope" {Hope,Arkansas was/is where Klipsch factory is located.Lots of usefull klipsch stuff.Some of the members on the Klipsch forum could provide fotocopies of them for you. I believe Paul Klipsch used false corners for his own system.I've used them myself and they do work as well as stuffing them in a actual corner.
If you use false corners, you have to make sure that they are VERY dead. Otherwise, they will act like a giant passive radiator and contribute their own sonic signature / resonances to what you are hearing. Sean
>
Kubrickorange- I use a pair of Quicksilver mono 300B SET amps one of which you can see here , with a Cary SLP-50A Pre. Front end is a Muse Model 5 Transport and Model 2 Plus DAC.

Marco
Marco,

That looks like a beautiful amp. Do they still make that? Also, have you ever listened to Wright Sound's 2A3 amp, the WPA3.5? I really want to listen to both Wright & Quicksilver on my Klipschorns to satisfy my curiosity about tube gear. Wright offers a 15 day trial, so I will definitely take up that offer as soon as I can afford it. A recurring comment from most tube owners is the reproduction of a very good three dimensional image, something I haven't really noticed with my SS gear. To be continued.