Did I make a mistake with my Nautilus 805?

One of the things that came to my mind yesterday was how tight were the woofer screws of my N805. I noticed that the screws were very slightly "loose" so I decided to tighten them all the way down. Now I am worried as to if I made a mistake by doing this and if the sound can be affected. Subjetively I did not find any diference in sound after this, but I was wondering if B&W intentionally leaves the screws a tad loose for some purpose? What do you guys think? Thanks for your thoughts.
kimu_itoe6ad
> Then go to Sears buy all the tools.
> Re-adjust, save all packaging, & RETURN TOOLS once complete!
> I love Sears!

Audiobugged, you should be ashamed of yourself, not bragging. Remind me not to do any business with you.
Or un-loosen all the screws, call B&W, tell them they came that way, & send them in for repair?

That comment sort of makes me question your values as well. Comments like that post make me ashamed to be part of such a group of audiophiles.
Jeez guys, cut Audiobugged some slack, these are BIG BAD corporations he's proposing we screw! It's not like...well...Hey, Audiobugged, now that you mention it that amp you shipped me had two solder joints undone. I'm just shipping it back to you for a full refund, and don't forget the shipping charges too! Oh, and that tracking force scale works brilliantly I'm sure, but I've decided that I didn't really need it, so I'll throw that in the box too. I'll pay for the shipping charges on the scale. You know where to send the refund!

Tireguy, don't be too quick to judge the whole by a part (your last sentence, which perhaps was just not carefully phrased). I think attitudes like the one being criticized here are more likely the exception rather than the rule....certainly in my experience with Audiogon members.

Marco
Audiobugged, thanks for your comments...I now know NEVER to enter into a deal with you!!! [email protected], when you tighten down the screws, remember to tighten them down in a "star-pattern" (like replacing a car tire) and make two or three passes, so that they are gradually torqued. You will probably need a torque wrench calibrated in "inch-ounces", not "foot pounds"!
Sorry I Offended all you Sears Employees?

Maybe I should have just said - "As no the screws should not be loose, just snug, not over tightened either". - and left it at that?

The guy is in a jam, just trying to help him out in an affordable fashion.
Then to have to pay 2 way shipping to & back to B&W.

KIMUN ITO to Err is human.

IMO what you did shouldn't affect the sound performance by too much, if by any percentage at all! As the N805 don't use a Fst driver, it is only holding the driver to the cabinet. Just make sure you didn't severly over-tighten them?

Not as bad as having Sears Auto Service overtigthening your transmission pan gasket!

Nah NAH nah NAH Nah I said Sears again! Stop kicking sand, let's play nicely, can't we all just get along???

God, don't Shun me, I'm not even Amish!

Have you offered him any advice instead of just bashing me?

Hum, Let's see & the answer is "NO"!