Vandersteen 2c vs Mirage M1

Hi
I purchased a pair of Mirage m1. Because of travel plans, I can not pick up till afer new years. I currently have Vandy 2cs. What should I expect from the Mirage? Which set of speakers do you think I will like best.

To complicate matters I am trying to decide whether to go with surround or stick with 2 Channel. If I went with surround would I use as a match for Mirage speakers.

Mark
nicmegmatt
You need to give us a little more info..
What kind of amps are you planning to run the M1s with...
They are super power hungry. Definately a Monoblock situation would be best....
I have had M3s , and presently own M5si and most of the other Mirage line..
The M1s a friend of mine has and is running them with
monoblocks tweeked from B & k. I still dont believe he has enough power...
I am not familar with the Vandys sound ...
For a Theater application, you should get an OMC 2 center channel... it is Mirages best at this point. I have one and love it.. I Bi amp it with an Aragon 8002.
Rears depend on what kind of space you have.. Ideally, a pair of the newer OM series would be great.. the Om9 or
even an older pair of Om 10...
Hard to say without knowing your room, gear and musical tastes..
Good luck, the M1s are a great speaker!!
Joe
Custom Audio LLC
The mirage m1 are at their best in a large room and away from the rear wall as they can get a little heavy in the bottom end if to closed in. You will need lots of power as they are very power hungry. The m1 and m3 mirage are the best they have built and are some of the best full range speakers I have heard. If you like the vandy you will like the mirage if you have the room to set them up. Think of Darth Vader. It would take the larger model vandersteens to compete with the m1 or the m3.
The Vandersteens are levels above Mirage in build quality,sound and value. Stick with them and don't look back.
Second the Vandies...they haven't sold over 100,000 of these for nothing...great soundstaging,decent imaging,and for their price point...deep bass...
Mirage makes some good speakers, never heard the M1's but the new top of the line stuff sounded great at the pricepoints. Vandy's are quite nice to but an aquired taste. I would demo any speaker before buying, it is too expensive of a purchase and too heavy to return or resell without taking a big loss with a big hassel. Mirage and Vandy dealers are everywhere, I'm sure you can find one nearby....