Dahlquist DQ-10s for home theater and music?

I just bought a pioneer elite vsx-45tx... Now Im trying to think up speakers that wont break the bank. When I was a little kid my dad had/has 2 paid of dq-10s (now theyre sitting in storage needing upgrading and woofers fixed). I looooved the sound these speakers made. My worry is if these speakers will still be usable today mated with a subwoofer center channel and rear speakers for watching a lot of movies, and for listening to a wide variety of music (not country and not classical). Can anyone tell me, am I barking up the wrong tree?
Thanks
Jeff
sgtpeper
Jeff,
I had a pair of the DQ-10's myself. Great speakers for sure. I can't think of any reason why these wouldn't go well with a surround system. The only thing I didn't really like about the DQ-10's is that they required a great deal of power to drive at higher listening levels. The DQ-10's didn't go real deep in the bass department so a subwoofer is a good idea. Since the DQ's need so much power, you might want to explore a subwoofer that is self powered so your amp won't have to work too hard.
You are barking up the RIGHT tree. With the woofers reconed these speakers will sound as good as you remember them. One of my daughters is using my old DQs in this fashion and they sound great. If you care to send me your number, privately, I'll call you with recommendations since I have free nights and weekends. Don
My sub is self powered so I should be alright there... Since my reciever is 100x7 and there is no way Ill ever use all 7 channels even for surround sound... Can I steal 2 channels and hook them both up to the dq10s? So each one would effectively have 200 watts going to it? Also how many ohms are dq-10s?
Thanks
Jeff
One other thing... Is a mirrored set really that much better? Is it worth the money to have a mirrored set is what Im asking. And should I really replace that original tweeter? And if so with what? And is it a big job to do so...
Thanks
Jeff