Merlin Speaker Placement

Where have you found the best placement for the VSM-M's? How close to the wall can they be placed and do you toe them in at all or keep them parallel to the back wall? The room dimensions are roughly 19 1/2 by 15 1/2. Thanks for any comments.
yag17
I have mine out about 32" from the back wall and about 4.5' from any side wall. It would be more if I had the space. Too close and you'll lose bass definition. I toe them in per the manufacturer's recommendation, a bit less than 10 degrees, although I have had them set-up firing straight ahead and prefer the slight toe-in. The off axis response of this system is so good that I feel this to be a matter of trial and error to find out what works best in your room and per your taste. Have tried tilting them back as well but feel they present a more accurate better defined stage level front to back.

What you must realize Yag is that this system is so sensitive to everything you do so keeping that in mind you will have to fool around with them to find out what works best for you. Most important is to keep them as far away from all walls as possible along with minimizing what is between them. If this isn't possible, keep the front plane of the speaker ahead of what is between and hear them disappear! Good luck.
Thanks Tubegroover, Good advice. I know I will have to play around with them and see what works best in my particular room. I wanted to start with ideas from other Merlin owners and go from there.
My experience is essentially the same as Tubegroover's. Personally I prefer mine with a backward tilt. They're very sensitive to the slightest changes.