Best Dual purpose HT and Music speakers 10k

<$10k new, that way a used pair might be in my budget.

Just looking for fronts.

But obviously there has to be some sort of matching center and surrounds available for later purchase from the same manufacture to make it worthwhile for a HT application.
blueshirt
I have been looking at the Wilson's Sophia, not soooo expexsive. Never heard the Sophia's and am unsure if a dealer here has a set...

The Wilson center looks really cool(a plus for me, to heck with the audio gods...)

I did find the info on the Meadowlark center, it is buried in their web site. They also make a matching Blue Heron too.

Marty
If you want to get serious answers you should give us a little bit more information.
What amplification are you planning to use, what is the size of your room, what are your preferences.
Personally I think it’s better to have 2 separate systems for 2-channel and HT and spend available funds according to your preferences.
If I needed to build integrated Stereo/HT system with your budget and had a large room, I would take a look at Vandersteen 5s. Great speakers when used with good amplification and easily match with Vandersteen center, surrounds and subs.
Almost never being sold used though.
Other good choice for such system are Aerials 10t. You can easy find a pair of these. Matching Aerial center and surrounds are also available.
Can you get used Meadowlark Nightingales for that cost? I, myself am waiting for their Kite speaker.
I have only found one speaker that performs VERY well in both applications, that is the Roman Audio Centurions. They are an 8" two-way speaker that is very efficient (93db),so they don't require a ton of power. I use a set of these speakers in my two channel and my best friend uses a pair for his mains in his HT. You take the Centurions and run them along with the Pro Consul (Roman Audio center channel), you've got a serious set-up for HT. The price for the Centurions is $6K (new). Check out the web site, www.romanaudio.com
I was looking for more of a general answer as to which company makes a speaker that does both well. I figure more people would get use out of that instead of me being selfish and making it all about me..

But since you asked...

First the reason I said $10k, is because it looks like on then used market you can pick up most speakers at 50% off. I rather not buy new, I want the most bang for my buck and with new, well you loose a lot of value out of the door.

Aragon 8002 2x125
Sunfire Cinema Grand 5x200
Rogue 99 Magnum Tube Preamp
Lexicon MC-1
Electrohome or NEC Front Projector (not sure which yet)

I am not married to either amp and would consider upgrading, but I needed to start somewhere.

The room is 25' long and 13' wide. I do not have the room nor $ to run two separate systems.

I just heard the Revel F50's (thanks for the suggestion Mike) and liked them a lot but at $8k new and none on the used market, they are out of my price range. They also had 3 Snell Reference A's from 1997 selling for $7k for all three. Didn’t get to really hear them, but at $30k new, they must have been good.

I have heard Alon's, very nice but don’t know if they are dynamic enough for HT.

Going to hear some Merlin VSM-M's this weekend.

That’s my story….