Want More Bass

Got a new Rogue Audio tube amp and preamp. (88 and 66 magnum). Used to have a solid-state integrated that seemed to have more bass output. Now, with my speakers (and these components), I long for deeper bass. (My current speaker's bass response is rated at 50hz.) My previous experience with a tube integrated also seemed light in the bass at lower volumes. I listen more at lower volumes than at higher volumes.

So... what are my options:

1. find a new speaker that goes deeper? if so, what is recommended? Budget $3000 max. Needs to be a slim tower design due to room constraints. (Room is 11x17 and speakers are on the 17' wall. Music preference is mostly indie rock, small group jazz and electronica.)

2. add a sub? the preamp has two outs, so I could use interconnects from the preamp. if so, what is recommended. Budget for a sub would be sub $1500.

3. Other suggestions?

Thanks all for your help.
vertewax
On the contrary, I've done many cable experiments.

Awhile back, I connected $10,000 speaker cables to the front door of my house. Within moments, I noticed a difference. A close inspection revealed that I have
the only mahogany door in the neighborhood that is completely free of grain and the middle of the door seems to be pleasantly liquified. A week later, after some break in time, I heard a rumbling coming from under the house. Sure enough, where before there was only dirt, I now have a brand new basement!

But seriously, I don't know everything, but I do know
the difference between adding *CAPABILTY* to a system and a *TWEAK.* I seldom confuse the two.
Thanks again for all the great comments and advice. - - - I repositioned the speakers back closer to the wall and now I have some more bass... at med-high volumes. I still would like more bass at low to med volumes. Is this a tube thing? Now I have the Rogue tube separates... prior to that I had a Redgum solid state integrated (which had bass at all volume levels), prior to that I had a Jolida tube integrated which only had bass at higher levels. So is my issue with no real bass at lower levels a tube thing in general? - - - Sometimes adding a sub (and switching it in at low volumes) makes some sense to me, except that I'd hate to be switching it on/off all the time or adjusting it frequently. The idea of a more full-range speaker that goes lower than my current speakers sounds the best to me right now (and I can sell my current speakers and upgrade, versus forking out addl $ for a sub.) My question then is, if I get a new pair of speakers that go deeper, will I still get less bass at lower volumes? My latest fav speaker after much research (but not audition) is the Meadowlark Kestrel Hot Rod- - - Lastly, I have suspended hardwood floors... is it that the bass frequencies in the room get "excited" only at higher volume levels and create the illusion of more bass? - - - Thanks again for your comments.
Vertewax, You definitely need larger speakers if you want more bass at lower volumes. It's the physical property of the cone size and the cabinet design that is not going to provide you any more than the physical limitation. Try at least 10" bass driver. Proac response 2.5 has tons of bass. Even the KLH horn speakers or triangle speakers has good bass response. Try to audition larger floor standing speakers then you can fulfill your "bass" itch.