Von Schweikerts or Coincidents or ?

I am looking for consumer advice for speaker suggestions.

I am shopping for speakers to go with my CAT JL-1 MK IIs in a CD based system. My choice has narrowed down to medium-high sensitivity full-range speakers with soft-dome tweeters and a tube friendly impedance across the audible-band. For my tastes and ears, no metal-dome will do (no Revel, B&W, Talon, Wilson Audio). Also, the domestic-partner (wife) will not go for unusual shaped speakers (Avantgard, Buell, etc.)

As of now, I am trying to decide between the following (we listen to rock, classical, jazz, country, blues):

Coincident Tecnhology Total Victory, or
Von Schweikert VR-5 HSE

Any votes for either of the above or another suggestion?
cdg14
You should go for Avalon Eidolon or Avalon Eidolon Diamond.
These speakers are great match with CAT JL1.
The VSAs are terrific with tubes.I use them with an Audio Aero Capitole amp and would never go back.I also switch out the pre with a Blue Circle BC9 and Orpheus Lab SS and it pretty close to heaven.The VSAs are very quick and natural sounding.
haipo or rhyno, have listened to the Von Schweikerts if not
I would. For the money,the Von Schweikert speakers are a very good buy, though the Total Victory speakers will rock.
Eidolons are definitely not the best speaker for rock or post romantic classical(dynamic compression, and stored energy, plus very low sensitivity).Plus what is your room size and amplifier power?? Do not get me wrong, Avalon makes premier speakers but definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Plus they are over 20 grand. Also I would look at Vandersteen's Five for comparison sake. It is a shame about the wife factor, but the Maggie 20.1s are THE BEST
VALUE for the money, period. I just heard them recently, I lust after them, only the Sound Lab M1 or A1 or U1 are better.