VMPS RM-40 - Anyone Heard

Has anyone heard (or seen) the new VMPS RM-40, which apparently won a "Best in Show" award at the recent CES? I've seen a couple of photos of it and the specs sound interesting, but who knows without listening...Also, I've heard some negatives about VMPS QC and cabinetry in the past and wonder if VMPS has improved with this new offering.
schacter
Thanks. I've read the info on that board - but few people have actually heard this speaker - not surprising since it's so new. I once heard a pair of FF1's, I think, and thought they were OK, but not fantastic - midrange was just average.

Thanks for the feedback.
1. QC: That should not be a concern. All parts are high quality. If a problem arises, just call VMPS and Brian Cheney will mail you new drivers or whatever is necessary. He mailed me a new driver for my STR-SE with no hesitation.
2. Cabinetry: One reason VMPS speakers are half the price of comparable models is that their cabinetry is simpler and less elegant. Cheney is much more concerned with sound than appearance. However, the oak veneer on mine has been quite durable over the last 8 years.
3. Sound: I auditioned the more expensive FF-3 SRE, whose drivers are same as RM-40, except with 6 ribbon midrange segments instead of 4, a much more rigid cabinet, and biamping. The midrange clarity and effortlessness of the ribbons (classical music) vastly surpassed anything I've ever heard. On the FF-3 that clarity and effortlessness extends down to the lowest bass, but I can't vouch for the RM-40. The only shortcoming I heard was a subtle roughness in the upper treble handled by the dome-shaped spiral ribbon tweeters, but I doubt this would be noticeable with non-classical music.
Was the version of the FF-3 SRE you heard the new "Neo" version of the ribbon panels or the older one? Did you buy the speaker or do you have a different VMPS speaker?

Thanks
as owner & lover of vmps larger subs, i am also interested in the rm-40's. as there's a dealer w/them here in my area (dc), i hope to arrange an audition soon. i had actually emailed the dealer before the ces; he has just gotten back to me... i will let everyone know what i think.

doug s.