Will this set up work? biamping with different amps and subs

I have an idea. I want to run my SET amp onto a pair of 96 db, full range speakers which I hand built and because it is bass shy, also want to connect my SONIC FRONTIERS POWER 2 to a pair of SW-1, GERSHMAN subs. The input to both amp will have to use the two amp outputs in my SF-Line 2 preamp. To modulate the volume of the bass section amp, I am thinking about getting a pair of the EVS attenuators.
What I am wondering is if this will sound good or will the integration of the lower and high frequency be choppy sounding. The preamp and both amps will be trying to run both of speakers/subwoofers to their lowest to their highest frequency according to the music. The subwoofer has its own built in crossover, but I wonder what is its cutoff point. Will I be more successful adding a crossover to the subwoofer section? Then if I do this, what can I do about the frequency of the full range speakers? Any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated!

PAUL
bemopti123
I would use the POWER 2, because I own them. In fact, I could even try to connect a pair of BC-2 Monoblocks to drive the sub, but I doubt it will have enough juice to run them loud enough.
Sean makes good points except that attenuating the signal at the input of the SET amp will not reduce the available power. It will still deliver exactly the same power to the speakers, although you may have to set the master volume control on the main preamp to a higher position to attain the same dB level. As I said before, this should let you match the level of the more efficient mains to the less efficient subs at the expense of putting a passive preamp and another pair of interconnects in the signal path.
Thanks for correcting me Plato. Of course, you are absolutely correct. I stepped into a pothole that i myself dug. Your explanation should clear up the mess that i left behind : ) Sean
>