Speaker vs. Room Size

Need advice on type and size of speaker for room size.
Room: 10'X 14' X 7.5'H. I mostly listen to "unplugged" style of music and some rock. I don't have a lot of money to spend but I don't want that standing in the way of excellent sound...! I hope to purchase the speakers and build the rest of the system around them. I live in an area where it is hard to audition so I need to narrow my search. Much thanks for any and all help.

Bin
bin
Last I looked there are 2 pairs of Spica TC-60's for sale on Audiogon. I've got a pair that I absolutely love. They're a great bargain and would be a great fir for the type of music you listen to.
very simple Get a pair of B&W N805s they will blow your mind. $2,000 new maybe $1,300 used. Also a pair of martin logan Aerius i would work very very well in that small room and you can buy them used for around 1,100 great midrange but not alot of bass. But in your room the bass should be ok. Good Luck
I recommand a pair of B&W NAUTILUS 805. It should be perfect for your room. You should be able to pick up a used pair for around $1000.
Any good speaker (probably stand mounted) that does not have bass lower than about 40 HZ should be fine. The B&W 805s would be great as Lev335 recommends. I have a pair of PSB Stratus Minis in a second system that I can also highly recommend-- not as refined as the B&Ws probably, but also less expensive.

Some years ago, I put Vand. 2Ces in a 12 X 14 room, and it was mostly a mistake. These fairly large speakers only sounded decent at low volume levels. Cheers. Craig
I, too, agree that you can't go wrong with the B&W805N, but I doubt that you will ever find them used for near $1000. I would stay away from planar speakers as they need a large room to really open up. Remember they fire front AND back.
I am a big lover of B&W speakers for many reasons. I own big B&W's but if I had your room, there is no question, I would own the 805N.
Buy them and you will be happy!
Richard