Magnepan vs Martin Logan

Which ones are better in general terms and why? Thanks in advance for your comments. Joel
joel_chowfdf3
hello I prefer the Martin logans. The maggies are very forgiving but the logans tell you like it is. Both good products. I own a new pair of Martin Logan ascents and they finally got the bass to intergrate with the panel. Its the first time I have ever heard bass like that out of a logan. I had aerius is good but no bass I had sl3s great but the bass sounded so sloppy the intergration was aweful. And now I have the ascents and I cant say enough abou them. Great. I use all levinson equipment and harmonic tech. cables. good luck I hope this helps
Nicely said audiokinesis. Lev I too enjoy the martins. Apparently you have one of the amps/pre's I've never had the chance to audition with my aerius i's. But I've tried many others to name a few okay ones were bryston & rotel. To name the ones I did not like with martins were meridan, krell kav(I've heard the fpb was good with martins), signature grand, audiomat, plinius, AR, classe, b&K(okay for the price). I know these are probably very good amps/pre's but they don't work that good with MY martins. The bat 3i/vk200 is incredible with martins and they are picky with cables. The nordost blue heaven bal interconnects work great, but the nordost speaker cable sucks with the martins(don't know why). Transparent is good and I did like the analyse plus, but my amp(vk200) was just breaking in, so I did not get a fair audition with the analyse spk wires. I did like to try the moon and lev stuff one day. But for now I am completely happy with bat. Good luck to allllllllllllll. Pete
i love both,for different reasons,the maggies i think,are sweet,and very emotional speakers.especially in the midrange.female voclas just put me in a trance,in particular im reffering to the 3.5's,hell even the old smga's were great!with the brief listening ive done with the martin logan's though.ive been awe struck!at how clear,crystal clear they were!such great detail!id say it will most likely boil down to musical prefference though,as to wich is best for you.dave
I switched from Logan reQuests to the Maggie 3.6´s. I prefer
the "single driver" sound of the Maggies. The reQuests have
stronger bass, not as tight as the 3.6´s though.
Listen to both brands before you buy. Happy hunting.