Help wanted in regards to monitors...

Looking to spend 2000.00 on either new or used speakers. The shortlist so far includes Aerial 5's, SF Concerto Home or Grand Piano, ProAc 1sc or 1.5's, Tyler Ref. Monitors, and last but not least the B&W N805's. I know I have included some "full size" speakers in the list above but all are in my price range. I listen to rock, r&b and Jazz. (no classical yet.) My system includes a 4B ST and a Threshold T3 with the new NAD T-550. I appreciate any input or critique of the above speakers. Also what is your take on Dynaudio products and do they manufacture their own drivers and tweets?
willyb
I've not heard the tylers, but they always get good responses, as do the Proacs. I've never liked Aerial speakers, just sound too much like stereo equipment. I can also imagine why the guy above didnt like the Nautilus speakers with Bryston gear, however, I love the N805, and would recommend it highly. I also liked the (Meadowlark Audio) Shearwaters, but these may be a bit out of range. Also, the Meadowlarks are a time aligned design, and you need to be AT LEAST 7 feet away to get what they have to offer. Note that they also sound very different when thre listener is standing, or walking around. For me, the B&W N 805 was the real deal. IF you have an all solid state system, they might sound a little hyped up, but with tubes somewhere in the chain...magical.
I have not heard the Aerial or Tyler, but of the rest of those, I would probably go with the ProAc 1.5. When I heard those at a local dealer, I fell in love with the imaging and the detail especially on jazz stuff. For rock music though I might lean toward the Dynaudio.
You should also try the Merlin TSM-M's. I love mine, but as a previous poster stated, prepare to get some high quality stands. There were some 24" Osiris listed on this site recently, I own them as well and they are excellent.

Good luck.
I would add the J.M. Reynaud Trentes to your list...be sure to include their magic stands if you go this way.
all the above are worth auditioning, imho. re: dynaudio, yse they make their own drivers - they also make drivers for many of the top speaker mfrs, including some of the ones mentioned above.

for other choices, i'd also recommend diapason adamantes - one of the most beautiful monitors i've ever seen; they are also the most holographic dynamic-driver speakers i've ever heard. not well-known in the usa, they can sometimes be found used in your price-range. they also go amazingly low for small monitors - real output below 40hz.

i'd also czech out the newform research r645's or the nhb645's. these can be had brand-gnu, delivered to your door for $2265, & yure only out return-shipping if they don't do it for ya after a 30-day in-home trial. they've gotten amazing feedback on audioreview - especially telling, imho, is the related equipment being used w/'em, & other speakers their owners considered. they are what's gonna be the next speaker chez-sedon. if they're not up to my expectations, i will keep my eyes peeled for a pair of the adamantes...

good luck, doug s.