Has anyone used cones on there Dunlavys'

I noticed on the Dunlavy II thread that we could start a Dunlavy fan club! I've wondered for three years now what would happen if I used cones on my Dunlavy IVa. In that they weigh 200 lbs and are so sensitive to placement I never tried. Anyone have any experience or insight? I have oak floors with wood joist below, and a wool carpet rug that covers 80% of the floor. The speakers are sitting on the rug. Thanks in advance, I'll see you at the next Dunlavy fan club meeting!
128x128jadem6
I have installed 3 cones each under my Vs. Original reason was that that I needed to remove the big bases that did not fit with scheme (tv,cabinets), and without cone speakers, although at 350+lbs each, would sway easily on the carpet. The cones made them stable and coupled with concrete floor below. The result is firmed up base, slightly increased focus. Although I never tried with bases on in my home from day one. I had auditioned this way at the dealer's. DUNLAVY FAN CLUB, I AM IN MAN! For me, the speaker world ends at Dunlavy.
I have installed 3 cones each under my Vs. Original reason was that that I needed to remove the big bases that did not fit with scheme (tv,cabinets), and without cone speakers, although at 350+lbs each, would sway easily on the carpet. The cones made them stable and coupled with concrete floor below. The result is firmed up base, slightly increased focus. Although I never tried with bases on in my home from day one. I had auditioned this way at the dealer's.DUNLAVY FAN CLUB, I AM IN MAN!. For me, the speaker world ends at Dunlavy.
My Dunlavy SC-V's are on an ak floor with full 2x10 joists spaced 12 inches apart. The floor was originally built to hold a grand piano. I crossed the joists at the centerpoint of the speakers and used a basement jack on a solid 12inch block of oak with an industrial generator damping mat below. I had an audio engineer do impulse measurements while we tightened the jack until the scope trace was the cleanest at the listening position. This made a huge improvement in the bass tightness. Then I added basic ASC tube traps and then the Sigtech DSP. The sound is awesome and FLAT to 22HZ