Best Magneplanars Ever!?

Would a factory reconditioned set of Magneplanar Tympani's offer any benefits over their new, single panel speakers? As discussed in related posts, I would also be very grateful for additional opinions regarding the 3.5 vs. the MG-20. Thank you to everyone for opinions on tubes vs solid state but has anyone tried bi-amping, especially with solid state low end and tubes for mids? Best Wishes.
cwlondon
I can still recall listening to a pair of Tympani in the home of the guy who owns Aural Symphonics (interconnects, etc.). I went to his home in San Jose in the early days of his business, when he was literally assembling the Aural Symphonics As-One cables in his garage. We spent about an hour listening to his Tympanis, which were set up in his rec room which was totally dedicated to his sound system. The soundstaging and overall presentation was so real that it literally made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up! A recording of a female vocalist (I forget who, but it might have been Joan Baez) was so realistic that I felt like I could reach out and touch her. I have never -- before or since -- heard such a presentation from an audio system. There is no doubt that setup was critical, but I can still remember that hour!!!
Great answers, thank you everyone. PikII, you could charge admission for demos. I'll bring you a bottle of Chateau Margaux if you're interested...Personally, I am soundstage obsessed, so the feedback on the Tympani is tantalizing. How about this -- could one mimic the soundstaging of the Tympani by using 2 or 3 pairs of newer Magneplnars?? Also, is there a particular room shape or size that would make the set up task harder or easier? I am willing to buy a new apartment for this!!!
ello exuse my englich is not good i am a french from montreal canada me utilising actually the tympani 1d in my roum 17x30x8 is driving a audio research classic 120 monoblock at the past 2 yiers me utilising the tympani 4a in my system me return the 1d becose the ability of this speackers huge sondstage and emotional vocal and superb bass the 4a is more detail and not more musicatity of 1d my frend is 3.3r is not comparaison of 1d me a fans of 1d thanks michel