Avante Garde horn speakers.....

Any impressions?
jman
The problem just doesn't seem to be amplitude related, going by what the guys who've owned these have said. Since you can adjust the sub's output level, and since guys usually don't buy these to pump a lot of power into the horns, it seems like it's more time domain related, than amplitude related.
Perhaps you are right Carl. More comments by Boato2 and Jman would be appreciated. I wonder what their impressions on the bass response are.
I've listened to the whole line on any number of front-ends and electronics. My review: They are very well painted, though you'd be much better off buying the Audi or Porche. Com'on, these are plastic horns and sound like it. See how many dealers have picked these up--virtually 0 in the USA. Might that tell you something? It should.
I appreciate your input, but would still like to audition them. My interest is due to the postive reviews by people who heard them at the CES in Las Vegas.
Don't be too discouraged, "corn fed" people would have to spend a lot of time in the lavatory, and probably aren't as adept at listening to music, as the rest of us.