Avantgarde Speakers

I would like to hear fellow member's comments on Avantgarde speakers. It sounds like they have a very accurate sound plus great dynamic range. Unfortunately, the Avantgarde home page does not have much information on the speaker's frequency response. The over all ranges are given, but, no measure of flatness is listed. Also, it looks like they are priced on the high side which may be partly due to the company trying to recuperate R&D costs. Any comments would be appreciated. ThanksX10**6!
7p62mm
Well they finally got a dealer in my neck of the woods. I have got to hear what all the hoopla is about. Kind of afraid to really.
I would like to humbly suggest another horn, the Kochel K300 (6K), 3-way with all horn loading including the bass driver. Art reviewed K300 in Listener and gave them 4.75 stars and stated most neutral horn he has heard. Works great with flea-powered SET's, too. Smaller K200, 2-way better alternative for smaller room. [email protected]
Since i haven't heard any of the Avantgarde speakers, i can only pass on a few observations. I've seen more than a few pair of these for sale in the last few months. Some have been priced quite reasonably while others are not exactly "priced to move". This tells me that either people get bored quickly and need to move on to a new toy or that the sound quickly wears off and gets tiring. As a side note, the finest sounding horns that i've ever heard are some built by Ralph via Klassic Audio Reproductions. Sean >
Sean, your conclusions are faulty. Duo sales are from individuals selling the old Duos with the old woofers or those upgrading to Trios. Classic Audio Reproductions T1 and T3 get my vote for WORST sound at last year's CES. If you haven't heard any Avantgardes, why post your stupid theories? Do you think all the reviewers (HI FI News, Stereophile, Listener, What Hi Fi) and owners are wrong?
I heard one of their speakers at the CES, the setup at the Alexis Park and thought it sounded fine. Not anything outrageously good, but good for CES. I do know Jim Smith however from his days as a retailer in Birmingham, Al. He knows alot about sound and recording. More than anyone I have ever met. Unless he has just fallen off the deep end there is probably a lot to these speakers.