Mating power cords with APL 3910

While waiting for my (Denon) APL 3910 to arrive, I need some help in coming up with a short list of power cords to audition with it. In addition to listing the PCs you liked best with this unit, it would be most helpful if you could provide some specificity. In particular, what sonic and musical virtues are the offspring when the particular PC is mated with the APL 3910? Sonically speaking, which PCs didn't do as well with it? Are there any PCs that mate well (or don't mate well) with digital sources in general?
puremusic
Yep, I have to go along with Sean, since his analysis has proven right to my ears. For the record, my Edge NL-12 amp is much smoother & warmer (but still conveys all the details & dynamics) through the Hydra 8. I have all my source components (EMMs) bunched up in the analog outlets. The digital ones made them sound strained.
Other power conditioners I have tried did make things sound smoother, but made amp sound compressed and the source components kind of lifeless. I have had more luck with better power cords, where I have experienced major improvements. I have always been suprised how power cords can be as influential as interconnects.
Tvad,
Besides the FeSi-1002, the differences in the filtering are also in the Venom Noise Filters. According to the specifications on the Shunyata's product page: Model 2 uses a 4 element Venon Noise Filter, while Model 4 uses 7, Model 6 uses 10, and Model 8 uses 16. Whether these differences in filtration are reflected in Clement Perry's subjective experiences, is an open question to my knowledge

My current view is that if I get the Hydra 8, then I will plug in all my major components into it in the manner I described previously. However, I liked Sean's suggestion on the other thread for inserting parallel line filters at each of the outlets feeding the amps. If that turns out to be a viable solution, then using Hydra 8 for APL only is wasteful, but , probably more optimal.
John
Ozzy,
Thanks for sharing your experience about using one Hydra versus two in your system.

Is here a sonic difference in using the APL with Hydra 8 versus with Hydra 2? If so, is the cost difference worth it? Or, let me ask it in another way. What motivated you to get the Hydra 8 for your digital source instead a Hydra 6 or 4?
John
Rgs92,
Thanks for your observations about the analogue outputs on the Hydra 8. If I do get the Hydra 8, I'll keep that in mind.
John
Post removed