What cd player should I buy?

I have the parasound halo c2 pre amp and I am using the parasound a 23 (two of them) to drive my Paradigm studio 40's. I have the myryad Z110 cd player and I am lookin to upgrade to some thing that has richer warmer sound. I was considering the Shanling t100 . Tube or solid cd player? Any suggestions out there please help. Thanks Joe
Ag insider logo xs@2xjhjf123456
My suggestion is to determine a price range, and then start reading everything you can about players in that range. You will eventually find a small handful of players that appeal to you (based on what you've read). If you're lucky, you'll be able to audition some of them. Or, it may come down to deciding between features, or maybe just a gut feeling about which one you should buy.

My approach is to buy used players that can be re-sold for the same price. If there's a little room on your credit card, you may want to buy more than one, so you can compare them in your home (and then sell the ones you don't want).

I've done this recently with transports. I now have 4 transports in my home; and will re-sell 3 of them as soon as I decide which one to keep. It takes a little bit of money up front, but I will re-coup nearly all my costs, and will know that I made a good decision.
Second vote for the Jolida. I got mine with some mods from veraStarr and am ecstatic with this player.
Golden ears and Aball are right. I sell Parasound and Jolida. I own Parasound gear. If you go to a small hi-fi shop and ask their advice they will give it to you and mean every word of it because they have to fight the internet and big box stores to stay in buisness.

Any store that sells mid-fi to hi-fi gear should let you take it home to audition.

The Jolida is one sweet CD player. Other options are NAD, Sony ES (great audio and video on the DVD players), and COnsonance.

Good luck.