Computer Speakers Not made in China

Hi- I am looking for computer speakers to run without a separate sound card in the 550-$150 range. I prefer not to buy things made in China. Any ideas?
luc
Using the existing built in sound card on the mother board is a big drop in perfrmance.

You will need an amp of some sort.

I picked up a pair of Infinity kappa 200s (boookshelf size) make in Denmark for 220 a pair used. Am using an M-audio Audiophile 192 card. You can stay with in your buget and buy the speakers and the card.
I agree with Wireless200 that Audioengine 2 is an excellent value. You can adjust the EQ ( to eliminate the bass bump ) and fine tune the rest to your preference. They sound great (and plenty loud for a small room) IMHO and have a small footprint on the desk. Also, they have a sleep function and come in cloth bags to go back in the box (which has a handle), if you want to take them along. I've had mine for about 4 hours, and they are keepers for sure. No, they don't pretend to be high end audio, but I'm very pleased with what I'm hearing. It's hard to go wrong at $200 delivered. I have no connection with AE other than as a customer.
Kanto ipair5 - active speaker made in Canada ($370). I use these in my office, they have an ipod dock on top and you can hook a CD player up to them. I have an Arcam Cd17 with them. Can be a bit bass heavy till broken in, but they sound very good and look good too.
I'd also like to give the AudioEngine's a nod. I've used A2's and A5's in various applications and they are overall a great value. At very close range (in front of a PC/mac), A2's are clear and defined. Could use a little more bass, but for the price... A5's have tagged along with me to many get-togethers, parties, and even a few critical listening sessions. The conclusion is always the same..there are better (not by much), but as far value...tough to beat
Harmon-Kardon has a pair of $1000 desktop speakers that look like crystal formations. No idea where they are made.