Hours sitting around just listening to music?

This is just a perception, but the folks I have met online who are audio/video enthusiasts (I think audiophile is such a pretentious term!) seem to spend more time buying and selling, posting on boards, reading reviews about what others think, and I never read anything about folks sitting in their "sweetspot" for hours listening to their favorite toons. Oh, I know folks who listen while they are lifting weights, reading, or doing something else. Seems to me if you are moving around or not concentrating, there is a whole lot of money being spent on pride alone.
quicke
Retired two years ago this March, every day is the weekend and no shortage of spare time. On top of that, I always put off till tomorrow anything I don't want to do..this leaves me with plenty of time for listening and the WWW.

PS, I do find time to take my wife out to dinner once a week and that seems to keep her very happy...plus, I do try to find time for the sweet spot.

Dave
I spend many hours listening to the system every week ... but I'm only in the sweet spot for a few. That's fine by me. First, it's nice to know that I can immerse myself whenever I'm in the mood. Second, a fine system should, IMO, sound very good outside the sweetspot. That's one of my primary decision factors when choosing components. I want to groove to the tunes even when I'm chopping carrots in the kitchen or on the PC gon'ing it with y'all. Happy Listening!
I have a listening room that took years to complete,well almost.Spent huge amounts of time researching,amps,cdp,dacs...ect.Its the comments,reviews and knowledge of others that has been the most help."I SPENT 8HRS IN MY SWEET SPOT LAST NIGHT JUST LISTENING TO MY TUNES.ANYBODY ELSE?"Does nothing for me,but im sure others would benefit greatly...happy listening!
I travel a fair amount, but every night I'm home I listen for between 30 mins and 3 hours. My room is a dedicated room for music and HT, so I am always in the sweet spot. I am rarely "just listening" - I almost always have my laptop going, or have NBA LeaguePass on with no sound. I work hard, and I'm tired at that time of day - while I may want to just listen, it's pretty much a guarantee that I'll fall asleep if I do. Plus, life just isn't constructed for dedicated listening right now, for me. I wish it were sometimes, but it's not. It will be again someday. I didn't buy the system or the gear focused on one activity or another - I just like the way it sounds and the music it plays. And, I suppose if I found myself with different listening habits (ie, more dedicated listening) that might change what I have and want, the point being that I have what I have found best suits my current needs and that as needs change, what I want may change, not the other way around. -Kirk