Tube rolling Audio Note DACs

I have an Audio Note 2.1x balanced DAC. One of the output tubes recently went bad (they were stock Philips) so i replaced them all with NOS in a bit of tube rolling fun. However, I could swear the new output tubes -- 7308/E188CC Siemens 1969 branded Westinghouse -- have a recessed midrange, but I can't be sure about this as these tubes also have better bass and high-end output than the stock tubes. They may just be better balanced.

Any other output tubes to try on the AN DAC?

Thanks.
budrew
Amperex PQ 7308 gold pins (or JAN) or mullard gold pins for richness, gold pin telefunkens for soundstage and balance (recommended in the audio note manuals by peter for what its worth, so close to how he envisioned voicing the dac - see my fav below);

now warming up some Siemens GEB E188CCs, so can't comment on signature yet. Personal fav is Tele CCa so far (does so many things right, but especially top-to-bottom range and soundstaging), but just love several of the amperex tubes. Valvos (original) have a full rich midrange too. If you want, let me know by email and I can look through my notes and my tubes to give other suggestions or more details (plus can point you to some great audiogoners whom I have found to be well-informed and trustworthy sources for some of the more interesting small tubes - oddly, different people for different specific tubes!)... Curious to know the rest of the setup so I might comment on particular synergy too.

Best of luck,
Jacob
clarification - I saw your system list (neat system by the way - should be a lot of fun to listen to!), but wondered what the other tube complement was...
sorry for the fragmented posts - not my best day!

Incidentally, changing the rectifier helps a lot too. Confirm the type and I can see if I have any spares that you like (gratis since most of those I can never use and feel guilty for hoarding when you could use it)...