Is there a"giant Killer" CDP ?

Im looking for a high end CDP (one box or two box) to be absolutly great on reedbook. There are the renown ML 390S,Wadia 861, Capitole,Accupase 75V etc. I wonder if anyone actually has use one of these or any other true high end players in their own system and tried a cheaper solution and found it better than the true High end player.Please comment only if you actually tried both players in your own system!
I dont think you can judge who is better comparing players in shows and in stores!
128x128ulf
Trelja mentioned the Granite. I have the Granite 657 tube CDP and have been very happy with it--I've seen them used for less than 2K (and demo'd for slightly more than 2K). I've compared it side by side only with a Meridian 508.24. The Granite sounded significantly better (more liquid, less etched) than the Meridian to my friends and me.
But, as the posts show, there's a lot of good players available.
Disc, you have a great CDP there! I hope it provides you with many, many years of listening pleasure.

Maybe it's just me, but the title of this thread is "giant killer CDP". As much as I like the Audio Aero products, the Prima is not a giant killer, it is in itself a giant. To me, a giant killer CD player will fall under the $750 price point(give or take). Spending more than that is a commitment, where the meat and potatoes audiophile components exist. At this level, good sound should be a given.
Look, there's no "giant killer" CDP out there. There's a ton of good machines, some great, some fantastic and some not so good. Determining what CDP is best for you depends on taste. And, because the digital medium is moving so fast, better sounding players are appearing on the market all the time at a lot of different price points. Part of the fun in all of this is researching reviews, visiting dealers and doing home auditions, and of course spending a lot of time on Audiogon to find a player that suits your taste. And, then comes the upgrade when you get to sell your machine and start the whole process all over again. Also, next time, give us an amount you're willing to spend. Making player recommendations without a price is kinda difficult.
the gamutcd-1mk2 competes with players twice the $3,000
price and that goes for the big names .it is so much better than the burr brown unit from their past.
it has it's own isolation platform plus at around 24 lbs
it is a steal at the price ,use a good power cord ,audience
makes a great power core for under 400.oo.
their cords beat anything in the price range i have tried several more expensive with amps and the gamut player.